4/19/2015

My dislike for Windows just keep getting stronger...

On my personal computer I run Ubuntu, while at work the computer I use a Windows 7 computer. As such, I get to compare the two on the daily basis and know the pros and cons of both systems.

And every day, I wish that the company I work at to dish Windows in favor of a Linux distro. The main reason why the move is highly unlikely is because our operations rely on SAP, which really sucks on the user interface side.

One of the aspects I loathe about Windows, is the systems updates. Most of the time, it adds about extra 5 minutes to the power down since. It's even worse if there are more than 10 updates to install. On Ubuntu, most the updates don't require to turn off the system to reboot to install and with the upcoming 4.0 Linux kernel the main reason from the reboot will be taken away.

I used to like the Windows 7 user interface, but since Ubuntu moved to Unity I just can't stand it. Most importantly, I just find the Windows user interface to be just in the blink of being a shit load of crap and not get me started on the Windows 8 in general.

Most of the GNU/Linux user interfaces are more user friendly, and which one to use comes more to the end user needs. While some users might find that KDE is best from them, others might find in GNOME a better fit. As I said before, Unity is the one for me since it gives me all I want and need to get things done the way I feel most comfortable and productive.

Now that I've the chance to compare Windows with Ubuntu, I'm sure that I want to avoid Windows as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...