8/31/2024

Machenike and Linux Mint: quite a nice combo.

I've been using a Machenike L16A with Linux Mint as my daily driver for four months now, and I must admit that I'm impressed with how good the experience has been so far.

The Machenike was recommended to me by a close friend about six months ago, since I told him that I was looking for a new laptop. He had bought one a while ago, and said that it was a solid machine. Not only that, Machenike laptops were quite a great value for the money since they are significantly cheaper than comparable laptops from the competitions. And to be honest, when I got my laptop i expected to be so, but not to the extent it has been so far.

After four months, my laptop feels really snappy and the performance is just great. And since I upgraded to Linux Mint 22 Wilma, it only has gotten better. One of the areas where I see most improvement, in on the Bluetooth connectivity. It connects more consistently with the three Bluetooth headphone I use, and now I can see how much battery the headphones I'm using just by hovering the cursor over the Bluetooth icon on the system tray.

The only downside so far, is that when I try to print something from Microsoft Edge, the printer just spits out blank pages at work. Other than that, Linux Mint has made a great job with the new OS release and Machenike has a solid laptop with the L16A laptop.

So much so, that if Machenike offered an option with Linux Mint preinstalled it would be my go to laptop brand in the future. I can even recommend Machenike laptops for those who just want to run Windows.

Until now, I've only used laptops using Intel CPUs. I've been somewhat weary to make the jump to AMD CPUs, yet with the experience I've had with the AMD Ryzen 7 CPU my laptop has, AMD CPUs have become a real option for my use case.

It also made me realize that I prefer laptops with screens of 15.6 or 16 inches. Smaller screens feel to crowed for me, and larger screens are nor mobile enough. It also made me realize that a 120Hz refresh rate is quite a nice thing to have.

The battery life is decent, in my experience it give me around five hours of use. Which is more than enough for my use case, though seeing improvements would make the whole user experience better though is not something that is that urgent.

At the end of the day, it has become the best laptop I ever owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...