11/21/2016

The more I use the Android/MOBO combination, the more I love it...

After a couple of year using Nokia's E63 using Symbian's S60 platform and a year using a Blackberry Bold 9650, I made the jump to Android via an independent manufacturer called MOBO(page is in Spanish since its a Mexican brand).

To be honest, I was really a fan of Nokia's smartphones and of Symbian as an OS. For me it was sad to see Symbian being ditched, and worse when it's place was taken by Windows Phone OS. I've rather seen Nokia move to Android, since I believe that it would have made a much better match.

Since I've being using Android, it has taken Symbian's place as my favorite mobile OS. As devices go, MOBO has become my go to brand since it sells unlocked smartphones at a decent prices that have good quality. And while the specs are not premium, they are more than good enough for most people.

I'm also really conscious about the design of the devices I use, and MOBO's devices have the design I like. The only thing I miss is to have a physical keyboard, but that is more of personal preference.

Another thing that I've come to realize, is that my smartphone hasn't completely replaced the way I use my laptop. As a matter of fact, the laptop/smartphone combination is the one for me. They give me the freedom of movement I want for my lifestyle, since each pro's cancel out each other con's. I don't think I could replace my laptop with a desktop, or my smartphone with a feature phone.

The more I use the Android/MOBO combination, the more it becomes cemented as my favorite. I'm really comfortable with how it works, since it allows me configure my device in a way that better suits my needs and tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...