4/28/2019

Linux Mint has become great OS.

I've been using Linux Mint continuously for 6 months now on my daily driver, and it has cemented itself as my go to OS. It has worked for me, and haven't had issues with it so far.

And the best thing for me, it that it lends itself to my needs flawlessly. Linux Mint is a really mature OS, and one that users with any skill level can use on daily basis without running into any problem. The only reason for not recommending Linux Mint, is that the person in question needs an app only available for other OS. And more often than not, the pool of this apps is growing thin.

Yet, for casual users Linux Mint is quite a good option. All mayor apps run on Linux Mint, or have an equivalent than is at least as good or better than the app they are replacing.

At work I use both Window 7 and 10, and neither is superior to Linux Mint. On the user experience side, most people wouldn't really miss much of what Windows has to offer. With time, Linux Mint has become a solid OS that can give Windows a run for its money any day of the week.

The Linux Mint team has really stepped up their game since the Linux Mint 18 "Sarah", and each new version feels that brings some more polish and performance to the system. Currently I'm running the 19.1 "Tessa", and it has run great so far.

With each release, their motto of "from freedom came elegance" feels true. And its not an elegant OS, is quite stable and easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...