10/04/2020

Remmina made home office viable for me.

Up to last week, I didn't have to do home office. As such, I haven't had to access the computer on work remotely. But when I had to work remotely last week, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do so since I use Linux Mint on my personal laptop and Windows at work.

As such, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to access my desktop remotely in order to be able to work from home. This was compounded by the fact that the IT department of my workplaces had problems doing so in the past, so much so that they trashed the idea to move to Linux.

So, I had some hours to find a way to connect remotely in a way that wouldn't interfere with my ability to work from home. After a couple of hour I narrowed my search to Remmina, which had a lot of good reviews to work at a remote Windows desktop from Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

And so far, it has worked as a charm. I've no problems related to Remmina, just a problem at the server side. As such, this opens the door for me to continue use Linux Mint while the being able to do my work effectively since I can access all what I need with an Internet connection.

To be honest, this gives me another reason to stay with Linux Mint since I can access my Windows desktop at work with ease. And to be honest, with every update since I rejoined Linux Mint with the 18 release, I found the Linux Mint making it a better OS for the average user.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...