11/11/2020

Traditional banks smartphone apps.

One of the things that the COVID-19 pandemic changed the most in my life, is that traditional banks have been pushing to make use of their mobile apps. As such, they have been making a lot of improvements on the user interface, and making it a lot easier to manage your money using their app.

Not only that, making payments and transferring money using the app has become a lot easier. So much so, that so far I've just needed to use the web page on my laptop for edits which I wasn't able to do on the app itself.

This has meant that I can administer my financial life where ever I am when the need arises, without needing to have a computer at hand. My smartphone has become a powerful tool to enable me to effectively manage my bank accounts without much hassle, and with all the information I need at a moments notice.

It has also meant, that my need for cash has been declining over the last year. Since it most places I frequent on regular basis, I can pay either by credit, debit, or app, cash has become less essential. I just have with me enough to pay for some food, or some bus fares.

Even then, most of the bus fares to the places I go the most can be paid electronically via a card that Jalisco's state government implemented last year. And with it I can also pay the light train fare in case I need to take it.

All of this, makes my life a lot easier. I feel a lot more in control of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...