11/20/2021

I'm a happy Android user.

Ever since I started using Android in 2012, it has been getting better. Currently the device I use as my daily driver has Android 11, and it has been quite the step forward.

When I made the jump, to be honest I had my reservations. I had become used to using Nokia devices running Symbian, so making the switch to Android was something I wasn't all to keen to do. Yet, the only other options I had at the time was a Windows phone, or an iPhone.

I ended up choosing an Android device, because there were no Windows Phones that I liked, and moving to the iPhone was not something I wanted to do if I could avoid it. So, I got an Android device and almost from the start Android just worked for me. All the apps I needed were available, and I could set the user interface to work just like I wanted it to work.

While in the ten years since there have been several changes to Android, most have been for the better or haven't really been something that took away from the experience. Actually, with time the idea of moving to iOS has become even less appealing with time, since Android is getting better and the competition among the OEM within the Android ecosystem has meant that there are always several smartphones that meet my need to choose from.

The only thing I have done over the years, is jump among brands within the Android ecosystem. All have had their ups and downs on the hardware side, but I've been always set Android itself to work as I like with in 10-15 minutes. Yet, since I got my current Motorola One Fusion, I don't really expect to jump to another brand unless they offer something Motorola doesn't do at the time I make the switch to a new smartphone in a couple of years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...