6/26/2018

Instead of Android vs iOS, it has become Android or iOS.

For me, the whole Android vs. iOS is starting to feel dated and more about fan boys arguing for argument sake. Both mobile operating systems are quite good, both having their own strengths and weaknesses depending on what Google and Apple believe their respective OS should work.

The question for the costumers, is which is better for the needs she or he has. For some, an Android device will be the best option. For some others, an iPhone is the way to go.

Personally, I prefer devices that run Android because it the platform that better fits both my needs and expectations. Though I do like some of the features of the iOS, and the design of the iPhone, they simply don't fit the way I use my smartphone, how I expect it to work, or my lifestyle.

And I've people close to me that it goes the other way around. The iPhone does a far better job for them than an Android device could ever do.

Its time to stop trying to fit people to Android or to iOS, and start fitting the OS to the person in question. Not doing so, will disenchant people and simply make them frustrated that the device they got doesn't do what they want it to do.

I totally get why iPhone fans get excited when a new iPhone or iOS version comes along, since for them brings an upgrade. The same goes for Android users with the manufacturer of their choice, being Samsung, LG or Nokia.

At the end, like with all technology, Android and iOS are about the people who use them to enhance their lives rather than the OSes themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...