6/01/2018

Moving to MATE as my desktop environment.

I've never been a big fan of GNOME ever since the version 3 was released. GNOME 2 was one of my favorite desktop environments, but it's place was taken by Cinnamon and Unity.

I used Ubuntu 17.10 with Cinnamon, and I love the experience. But, when I jumped to 18.04, I've been having trouble using it, and I still don't really like using GNOME.

Then I remember MATE, a fork of GNOME 2 which I've read many positive reviews and I used for a while. For the couple of weeks I used it, I enjoyed the experience.

So, I've decided install it and see how it goes. If past experience is any indicator, it should do great and become my go to desktop environment on Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...