3/18/2019

The end of Windows 7 got me somewhat nostalgic.

Windows 7 end of life is finally due on January 14, 2020. Windows 7 has been the last Windows version that I've used on regular basis, since its the OS we use at work, and the last Windows version I used on my personal computer that actually enjoy using.

As such, the demise of Windows 7 got me somewhat nostalgic. Even if I've no plan to move back to using Windows on my personal laptop, as a regular user at work I've grown accustomed to using it, and I somewhat like how it works. Though I like the looks of Windows 10 better, I haven't used it long enough to say much about it and I is something I'm not looking forward to.

The first Windows version I used was Windows 95, which I remember with certain fondness mainly because it came with my first ever laptop. My favorite version would be Windows XP, and has been the only version of Windows I actually like as a whole.

Windows Vista was a complete mess for me, and was the main reason I moved to Linux as my go to OS. For me, Windows 7 was a step in the right direction, and I would have considered coming back to Window if Windows 8 and 8.1 hadn't come along. The user interface for me on those 2 was a complete disaster, I used it for couple of days on a friends computer and I simple could not deal with.

As I said, I haven't used enough Windows 10 to say much about it, but Linux Mint has become my OS of choice. So much so, that if I could I'd use it at work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...