8/23/2019

I'm on Android because it works for me.

When I say that I prefer Android over iOS, has lead to some funny reactions from people that expect the usual fan boy arguments that have been thrown around when discussing why you prefer one over the other.

It seems that some people can't seem to understand that I do believe both are rather good OSes, and even that iOS does somethings better than Android. Yet, I've found that Android is a better fit for me, and its drawbacks aren't an issue for me. And for the things that iOS does better, don't really matter for me because I simple don't have an actual use for those features.

I simply found in Android an OS that just works for me, and it actually helps me set my smartphone just the way I want it to be. The only thing I'd like to have more options is on the cases front, but its something I don't really care about. I just prefer to be able to change the launcher, and the icon set.

My favorite, and go to, launcher is Evie Launcher. What I like most about Evie, is that it quite simple, minimalist, and it can be customized to suit your taste. It has extra points for having a dock option, which makes my home screen look clean while giving me access quick access to my most used apps. The rest of the apps that I use can be accessed with a flick, while those apps that I don't really use that much or I can't uninstall can be hidden.

Would I use an iPhone? Only if I've no other choice, but not because I think that its bad. It simply doesn't give me what I want, or need, on my smartphone. Apple has done great things with it, and has made things that have jumped to Android because they are useful things to have on a smartphone. But those things are not enough to make it an option for me.

At the end, I'm quite happy with Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...