7/15/2020

Just one more thing needed to make the Innova Card really the card for urban mobility in Guadalajara.

For a while now, I've been using a card call Innova Card to pay my bus fare when going to work, and I'm find it to be practical. Yet, there is one thing that prevents me for using it to is full potential.

The card used to pay:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._5ijVWi4jjWo35gkXaUKKAHaEu%26pid%3DApi&f=1

And that is the fact that I can't get credit to it easily, because the machines that from which I can do so are only available on the light train stations. There is plans to partner with a convenience store chain called Oxxo so one can recharge the card more easily, but one is left to wonder why this wasn't done sooner.

What makes so attractive to me, is the fact that I can use it to ride on the light train and all the bus routes I use to go almost everyone in the city. Meaning that I don't need to worry to have some spare change to be able to get to where I need, on more than one public transportation system. For what I gather, I could also use it on the Macrobus, which would make it even more valuable for me since it would be grant me access to all major public transportation modes in the Metropolitan area of Guadalajara.

To be honest, the card is one of those ideas that need can be a lot more practical and its getting there. Yet, it feels to be moving all to slowly.

At least is integrating all the public transportation systems in Guadalajara to a single way to pay for them, it just need to have a more practical way to top it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...