2/01/2022

Home office or a hybrid model is the way going forward for most jobs.

Once again, the ability to connect remotely to work has proved that I can work from anywhere with my laptop and a Internet connection. While the tools have been there from a while now, but the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of the administrative personnel to work from home, and we have proven that for most of us working remotely is something we could continue doing in the future.

Personally, I use Linux Mint on the laptop I use work from home. While we use Windows Server at work, using Remmina to connect as a remote desktop I've been able to work without any problem at all. Remmina has allowed me to work as if I'm at the office, no matter where I'm physically at that point in time.

What I'd like to see after the pandemic is over, is at least being able to have a hybrid work schedule at least. Working from home is has become my preferred way to face my professional life, because it simply gives the most flexibility with my time, and allow me to be more productive since I can focus on the task at hand with less distractions.

While I can see the benefits of going to the office for a few hours each week, going full time is not the best option for me. My job can be done just as efficiently remotely, specially because even for the documents I handle can be forwarded to me electronically, without needing a hard copy at any point.

Not only that, all the important communication I need with my coworkers can be done via e-mail, WhatsApp, or a phone call. All of this doesn't require for me to be present at the office, and it means that I can do my work from where I've access to a good Internet connection.

There is also the fact that I'm not a people person, so not having to deal with people face to face all the time is something I value. While I don't mind interacting with people for a while, I really prefer a job that gives me the chance of not having to do so all day long.

I've come to really value being able to work remotely, so much so that in a way I dread going back to the office full time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...