11/27/2022

Bluetooth headphones have won me over.

I freely admit that when wireless Bluetooth headphones began to become a mainstream, I was somewhat reluctant to make the jump. Mainly because all the bad press they got of bad audio quality for streaming music, and audio in general.

Until I got to try some Otium Beats that I got as a present some six years ago. They have a good audio quality, and a good battery life. The pretty much sold me to the Bluetooth headphones, mainly when I'm on the go. The main thing for me, was not having to worry about a cable snagging on something, or it getting tangled on my bag.

Yet, the fact that still has a cable paring the headphones was not optimal for me. Not a deal breaker for me, but I had the feeling that going for a pair of Bluetooth earbuds without the cable was the way to go for me. So when the time came to replace them, I went with the JLAB GO Air True Wireless earbuds.

So far, they have worked great for me. The sound is more than good enough for what I expect from the earbuds I use with my smartphone, with great battery life and not real issue for my use case. If anything, they have showed me that the sport variants of the Bluetooth earbuds could be a better fit for my use case.

A few days ago, my wired headphones that I use with my laptop died. Since my experience with Bluetooth earphones for my smartphone has been more than satisfactory, I decided to get some over the ear headphones for use with my laptop

After some shopping, I decided to go for some entry level headphones I got Mercado Libre(link in Spanish). What sold me, was it that it comes with a bag which is plus since I plan to bring them with me in my backpack where ever I go. After a week of use, they have been great. So much so, that when it comes time to replace them, I'll get a better set of headphones.

I should add that the laptop I use, runs my favorite Linux distro: Linux Mint. I'm using Linux Mint 21 Vanessa, and the headphones have been pairing without issues, and the sound quality has been much better than expected. May be not up to par for audiophiles, but much more that good enough for regular users that just want to listen to music, or podcasts, while they work to filter out distractions. So much so, that I'm writing this post at one of my favorite bars and I only hear the music that I'm playing.

So, if you had doubts about making the jump to Bluetooth headphones now is the time to make it. The options are wide, so you are sure to find one that fits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...