11/19/2022

The Nothing Phone 1 upgrade.

Each time I upgrade my Android smartphone, I get remained why Android has become my go to mobile operating system. While the iPhone and iOS are great, Apple fails to give what I expect from an smartphone at a price point that's good for me.

My Motorola One Fusion started to restart itself at random times, and getting stock on while booting, so I decided to upgrade my smartphone taking advantage of the discounts of the El Buen Fin here in Mexico. After a couple of weeks of shopping, and doing some research, I choose the Nothing Phone 1.

The Nothing Phone 1 is a really solid mid-range Android smartphone, that comes with a near vanilla Android. The biggest change it has from stock Android, is the Nothing OS user interface. While Nothing OS is quite nice, I changed to Discreet launcher, which has become my go to Android launcher.

The Nothing Phone 1 has proven to be an upgrade from the Motorola One Fusion in every aspect. While the Motorola One Fusion was a solid smartphone while I had it, the Nothing Phone 1 is a better smartphone for me as a daily driver. Not only that, it proves that a solid mid-range Android smartphone gives covers all my needs for my everyday carry smartphone.

As an Android fan, the Nothing Phone 1 is a great mid-range smartphone that delivers a great user experience. It come with Android 12 out of the box, and so far I've find it an improvement over Android 11 that the Motorola One Fusion use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...