4/15/2023

Software is a tool to fulfill the needs of its user.

When the discussion of which OS, or app, is the best the most important question is often left out of it. People tend to lose sight of what said OS, or app, is going to be used for by the end user.

For example, I've found out that the best OS for me is Linux Mint. Linux Mint runs like a charm on my laptop, and it has all the software I need for my needs. Yet, I wouldn't recommend it for someone who needs to use AutoCAD, or Adobe Photoshop, since they need macOS or Windows to use those apps.

Which OS, or app, is the best for any given user is the one that better fits their needs. There is no one size fits all, at the end of the day most software is developed in order to meet a certain set of use cases in mind.

At the end of the day, the best software is the one that works for you. That software can change as your needs change with time, I used to prefer Windows, then moved to Ubuntu, and finally I'm happy with Linux Mint. It might be that with time I'll move to other OS, but so far I've seen no need to do so.

The same goes for Android and iOS, the best one is the one that just works for you. The whole discussion about how the iPhone can do this that Android smartphones can't, and vice versa, is meaningless for most users. For the average smartphone user, the best smartphone is the one that works for her/him, no matter the technical specifications of the smartphone itself.

Each user have certain needs, and the best option is that one that covers those needs the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...