8/08/2023

Mozilla Thunderbird 115: a leap forward.

After a month of reading good reviews of Mozilla Thunderbird 115, I decided to give it a try getting the Flatpak version.

I've using Thunderbird for about 7 years now, ever since I made my move to Linux as my go to OS on my personal daily driver. While I've tried to use other email clients, like GNOME Evolution and Claws Mail, I kept returning to Thunderbird since I just adapts better to my needs. I can set it up faster to my liking, and just works as I want my email client to do.

Yet, with Thunderbird's new user interface, called Supernova, it really got an upgrade. It doesn't just looks better, but its also easier to use from configuring your email accounts to just using it. The whole experience feels a lot more intuitive, and the fact that my emails are store locally is a big plus for me.

When Mozilla dropped the Thunderbird to focus on Firefox, I was saddened and worried that it would stop being supported in time. Since then, the decision was reversed and it became a long-term support app. Thunderbird becoming a long-term support email client is a good thing for me, since my email client doesn't need to come to the latest and shiny add-ons, it just has to be reliable and easy to use. And Thunderbird also happens to be easily customizable to my needs and to how I like my apps to look like.

At the end of the day, with this version 115 Thunderbird has cemented itself as my favorite and go-to email client.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...