9/28/2024

Android 15 beta: keeping me on the Android camp.

After reading that the current beta of Android 15 has no major bugs, and is quite stable, and could be used on for a daily driver I decided to install it on my Google Pixel 7a.

So far, it has been working really well. The main difference I see, is on the setting page. Which I like better than the one on Android 14. Ever since I got the Nothing Phone 1, I've been able to upgrade to each new version of Android since Android 12, and Android has been getting better for me with each release. While with for me there hasn't been any mayor upgrade in the user side side of things, Android keeps making quite solid upgrades each time.

While the Nothing Phone 1, and the Pixel 7a, are mid-range Android devices each new version of the OS makes the whole user experience better each time. That's why I prefer Android devices over the iPhone, because it gives me the user experience I want without having to pay full flagship device prices.

It even temps me to move to a flagship device, like the Google Pixel or the Samsung Galaxy S. While the move would be out more of just wanting to see what is using an Android flagship than needing to, that Android 15 temps me to make the jump speaks how much of a solid release it is for me.

Does this means I wouldn't make the jump to the iPhone? No, just that Apple needs to offer a lot something that makes me to want to make that jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thunderbird email client arrives on Android as a beta tester app.

I've been an avid user of Mozilla Thunderbird email client on my laptops, for about a decade now. Specially after I started using seve...