2/19/2014

Phones running Ubuntu Touch finally coming out this year...

As an Ubuntu fan, to hear that two Ubuntu Touch phones are coming out this year is really good news. For me, the only downside is that neither of them is coming out in Mexico.

On the other hand, the wait for a release in Mexico is even closer and even more possible. With the added plus that by the time a device running Ubuntu Touch reaches Mexico, the app ecosystem for it should have matured enough so that there should be a healthy selection to choose from.

I really hope that Ubuntu Touch arrives to Mexico, and running on several devices on at least two of our mobile phone carriers. Not only because I'm a fan of Ubuntu, but because it will bring a wider selection for costumers and giving them another open source option to run on their devices.

When, and if, a phone comes out in Mexico running Ubuntu Touch it will be my number one option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...