9/10/2014

Moving to Android has proven to be the right choice...

I've been using Mobo smartphone(link in Spanish) running Android 4.1.2 for a couple of mouths now, and even though it's somewhat on the low end spectrum I've really liked Android as a whole.

If anything, I don't really like that I can move some of the apps to my SD card so I can free the internal memory. Yet the device holds the apps I use the most, so I really don't this hasn't become much of an issue. Most importantly, the over all experience has been rather good.

So much so, that I've become an Android fan. When time comes to get a new smartphone, I'll get one that comes with more internal memory. Basically I've come to realize that for what I use my smartphone, Android is the OS to go and I need one with more internal storage to better fit my mobile lifestyle.

Most importantly on a personal level, is that now my laptop and smartphone are underpinned by GNU/Linux. My go to distro for my laptop has become Linux Mint, though I also recommend Ubuntu, using Cinnamon. And, unless a device using Ubuntu Touch comes along, Android is my go to mobile OS.

If all goes as it has been so far, I'm staying with Linux Mint for my desktop and Android for my smartphone. This combination feels the best for me, and it's working great.

It's true that it hasn't been completely without some issues, but all of them have been minor and easy to fix. So, there is no real reason for me to stop using either OS. As a matter of fact, I recommend everyone to use them.

So far, moving to the Android camp has been really good...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...