3/29/2016

Nylas N1, nice open source alternative...

I've been using Nylas N1 as my main email client for almost a couple of weeks now, and I've liked it very much.

To be honest, I've been used it mostly as it came out of the box. I found that the base functionality and I liked the themes that came with it, since they are minimalist and elegant at the same time.

I had been using Mozilla Thunderbird for some years now, and though I still like it, Nylas N1 has become my go to email client. Mostly because Nylas N1 fills my needs better, and I simply like Nylas N1 better. There is also the fact that Thunderbird's future is becoming more uncertain as time goes on, as Mozilla is prioritizing Firefox's development.

One of the things I like the most of Nylas N1, is the fact I can see all my inboxes together or one of the time. Personally, I prefer seeing all of them together since it means I don't have to jump to different folders to read my emails. Or if I want to concentrate on just one of my accounts, I can do so.

While Nylas N1 has some way to go, I can see it getting momentum and a community of users to give it some love. It has been getting better with each update, and gaining usability.

For me, the fact that it's open source software and it looks so good makes me a fan. I strongly recommended it, since it's an email that can be used by everyday users,with the option for extended functionalities for those who want to hack it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...