12/13/2017

Ubuntu and Cinnamon are a match made in heaven for me.

My favorite Linux distro has been Ubuntu, with Linux Mint a close second. For a while, my favorite desktop was Ubuntu's Unity, which has been sadly discontinued in favor of GNOME.

Ever since I heard that Unity was being replaced for GNOME around February, I jumped to Linux Mint. Linux Mint desktop, Cinnamon was my second favorite for quite some time. Yet, when I came back to using with its 3.2 version it quickly became my favorite desktop.

I come to love how you can customize almost every aspect of it, and it integrates rather nicely with all my favorite apps. I've found it to be even faster and more responsive than Unity was for me. And to be honest, Cinnamon feels like a modern desktop should work and aesthetically it simply looks better for me with a few relative tweaks.

Personally, I just change some of the typography and use Numix icons.

When Ubuntu released the 17.10 Artful Aardvark, I decided to give GNOME 3 a try. Though the experience was not all that bad, I simply missed how Cinnamon works for me.

This putted me at a crossroad, since I wanted to stay with Ubuntu, but I wanted to use Cinnamon as my desktop. And here comes one of the best things about Linux, I'm able to do so since I can install and use Cinnamon on Ubuntu. Now more than ever, Ubuntu feels like home for me.

Now, the only thing lacking for me is to have an official flavor of Ubuntu running Cinnamon out of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...