5/31/2021

Quite happy with the new system at work.

As time has gone by, I've gotten used to the new system we started using at work since April last year. For the most part, I actually like the new system over the one we used to work with.

Mainly because it allows me to get most of the information I need to do my job rather quickly, and in a way that allows me to do things faster and more accurate way. Mainly because I can set in the information I need in a way that helps accessing it faster and easier.

If any changes that it seems in need, there are on the warehouse administration side of things. The process of getting the stock of the products we have, can get to be a bit hard know in real time. Which can be a pain in the ass, since it's information that several people need to know with as much accuracy as possible at a moment notice.

Other than that, on my side of things it has been just a question of time to adjust my work flow to the new system. The amount of information about all what I need to know to do my job, can be accessed in no more than 3 pages deep. The whole process it doesn't take more than a minute, for most tasks. The most time I've waited to get the information I need has been a couple of minutes because the amount of information I was requesting.

What I like the most about the new system, is that I can actually access it from any place I'm at from my personal computers. Which means that I don't really need to be at the office if I need to do overtime or help if I'm out of the office if the needs arises.

There are still we have to work in to make the system work better for us, but so far I believe that the system is a good fit for our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...