6/09/2021

A better office setup.

I've been using my laptop that runs Linux Mint at work as a test for a week now, and so far it has been quite a good experience. To do my work, I mainly use Remmina to access the remote desktop we use to access the software we use to manage things, and do invoices for our customers. I also use WhatsApp desktop app to communicate with the coworker that sends the remissions to be invoiced and fulfilled for our customers.

The current setup I use at work is the one showed in the picture, and it has proven to be far better than trying to use a single monitor or using my smartphone to monitor WhatsApp for the remissions to be invoiced and passed over to be fulfilled.

I never imagined that I could use my current setup as easily as I'm doing it now. While I have been able to work from home when needed using Remmina, the idea to be able to do so at the office was an idea I was playing with for quite sometime. I really didn't went tried it because I wasn't sure I could setup the network printer we use to print the remissions and the invoices from Remmina.

Turns out that it was quite an easy task to do, and it hasn't given me any problems at all. What has actually help me to work better, is that I can use the external monitor just for Remmina while I use my laptop's monitor to check the information needed to look for without having to minimize Remmina each time I need to check.

As time goes by, the benefits of my current setup become more obvious and it makes harder to go to using just one monitor. What is more important in a personal lever, is that it proves that Linux distros can be more widely adopted in more use cases by regular people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...