6/28/2021

Android vs iPhone.

The whole Android vs. iPhone thing is something that really has bugged my for quite some time now. As an Android user, I can see some ways iOS is better. The same goes for the hardware itself, there some things I really like about the iPhone that I wish Android devices had.

Yet, there is simply no motive for me to make the jump to the iPhone. Android, and the devices that run Android, simply work better for me. The only thing I really somewhat envy from the iPhone ecosystem is the amount of holsters made for it. Other than that, Android devices are just a better for my usage.

What irks me the most, is when the iPhone is directly compared to the low end of Android devices. There is no competitions there, and the manufactures of those devices aren't even trying to compete with the iPhone. Low end Android devices are targeted for people that just need a basic smartphone, with a low price.

To make matters worse, even high end Android manufactures most of the time try to cater users in ways Apple doesn't. They know that directly competing with the iPhone can be a losing proposition, so they try to make the sale by not directly comparing themselves with the iPhone.

In many ways, they even cater to people who wouldn't consider the iPhone for several reasons. For one, the price range of the iPhone can be too high for what some people are willing to fork over a smartphone. And even those who are willing to pay the price of an iPhone, the iPhone simply doesn't appeal to them since in certain circles is has become to common.

At the end of the day, smartphones are just a tool that should work for each user. For some the iPhone is the one, and for others an Android device is the answer.

Most importantly, as Android and iOS have been developed over time there has been cross-pollination between both OSes. Somethings have been implemented first on Android, to later make the jump to iOS and vice-versa. The idea that all innovation has occurred only on one side is just plain wrong.

So, instead of trying to push down the throat of people your favorite one let people just choose the one that works for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...