9/17/2021

Remmina enabling using Linux for work.

I've been using a Linux distro on my personal computers for about 8 years now. The two distros I've used from the start are Linux Mint and Ubuntu, though as of 2019 I prefer to use Linux Mint.
 
At work, most of the time I've to use Windows computers mainly because that was the operating system the computer I had to use had installed. Yet, since last year I've been able to use my laptop with Linux Mint installed for work since we have to work on a remote desktop.

I use Remmina, and it has work great for me. If I had issues with it, all can be attributed to a bad Internet connection or the server going off line. I didn't know much about it, but it has been really easy to configure to work as I want it to work. So much so, that I prefer it over the Windows option I was using before.
 
The best thing, is that it allows me to work from anyplace I can get an Internet connection. The flexibility I get from it means that I can use my time much more effectively. I don't have to worry as much about getting all I need to do at a certain time, since I can keep working almost from all the places I life to frequent.

I do recommend Remmina if you need to work from a remote Windows desktop and you want to keep using your Ubuntu based OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...