9/17/2021

Remmina enabling using Linux for work.

I've been using a Linux distro on my personal computers for about 8 years now. The two distros I've used from the start are Linux Mint and Ubuntu, though as of 2019 I prefer to use Linux Mint.
 
At work, most of the time I've to use Windows computers mainly because that was the operating system the computer I had to use had installed. Yet, since last year I've been able to use my laptop with Linux Mint installed for work since we have to work on a remote desktop.

I use Remmina, and it has work great for me. If I had issues with it, all can be attributed to a bad Internet connection or the server going off line. I didn't know much about it, but it has been really easy to configure to work as I want it to work. So much so, that I prefer it over the Windows option I was using before.
 
The best thing, is that it allows me to work from anyplace I can get an Internet connection. The flexibility I get from it means that I can use my time much more effectively. I don't have to worry as much about getting all I need to do at a certain time, since I can keep working almost from all the places I life to frequent.

I do recommend Remmina if you need to work from a remote Windows desktop and you want to keep using your Ubuntu based OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You’re Allowed to Be Human: Why Hiding Your Pain Is Killing You

Something worse than feeling burned out, is the feeling that you got no one to turn to that won't make you feel like you are you blowing...