9/25/2021

Linux Mint is my go to operating system.

As time goes on, Linux Mint has become the operating system that works for me for my computers. It simply works for me, and it has worked as a charm ever since Linux Mint 19 (Tara) came about.

I personalize prefer the version using the Cinnamon desktop environment, since the desktop environment that better suits my needs and system work really well with it. There is also the fact that it it works great with the dual monitor setup I prefer, and that Remmina works really well on Linux Mint.

The first Linux distro I ever used was Ubuntu, yet ever since they move away from using Unity I just haven't felt comfortable using it. Linux Mint, with Cinnamon, just gives me a better user experience.

With each new release since Linux Mint 19, at least the base experience has remained there. There have been some improvements, like being able to creating app Web App to create direct access to most used web pages that have served to improve my experience on the end user side, but the best thing is that overall the OS has been improving with each release.

Linux Mint is really the Linux distro that I can recommend the average computer user, or more advance users with specific needs. Specially since I've used it on my personal daily driver for over 3 years, and for work for about a year now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...