9/09/2021

Going on with less cash.

After a few weeks working from home, I've come to use cash far less than I did before. Most of the purchases I do on regular basis, I can do using credit, or debit, cards of via electronic transfers. As such, I don't need cash as much as I used to.

To be honest, even before the start of the pandemic my use of cash had be declining for some for years now. Working from home only accelerated the trend, with no sign that my use of cash would increase any time soon. As it stands, there is no really a good reason for me to carry much cash.

The need of having cash with me, or at least large amount of it, is becoming less important for me. I just need small amounts, since most of payments I've to do by electronic ways. Most importantly, is that I can actually choose not to use cash on my every day life.

In a way, I've seen this coming a long way ahead. Yet, it still got me by surprise since it came in a way I wasn't expected to come by.

For me, not having to worry about having to have cash at hand, makes my life a lot easier. Mainly because I don't have to withdraw money often, which gives me a lot more flexibility of what to do with my time, and not having to worry about getting it stolen. As time goes on, more and more places are starting to accept payments by credit and debit cards, or by electronic transfer, which make my need for cash even less.

Time will tell if my use of cash will keep decreasing, or just stays the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...