10/16/2021

Linux Mint just works for me.

Windows 11 release last week proved how Windows has become rather irrelevant for me. I only use it for work, and through a remote desktop client, as such I don't really have to worry about keeping the OS up to date.

For the better part of a decade now, I've been using a Linux distro on my personal computers. Currently, I run the latest version of Linux Mint, which just works for all my needs. Actually, I've much less issues with Linux Mint on all my laptops than with the computers I've used at work running Window 7 or 10. Specially on computers on the lower end of technical specifications.

Yet, what really solidify Linux Mint status as my go to OS, is the fact that since at work we moved to using the could for work Remmina has proved that I can keep working using Linux Mint without any real problem. What is better, since I use laptops, that has meant that I can keep working from any where with an Internet connection.

With how good Linux Mint has gotten in the last 4-5 years, it makes hard for me to make a case to move back to using Windows. Specially when I take into account that almost everything now can be done through a web browser, or a mobile app.

Linux distros like Linux Mint, and Ubuntu, that have a solid development team behind them make for a great OS for most people. Now, unless you have a need for a very specific piece of software that only works on Windows, or on macOS, Linux is quite a solid option for most user cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...