12/17/2022

Beta testing Nothing OS 1.5.

Nothing, company behind the Nothing Phone (1) asked for people to apply for beta testing for Nothing OS 1.5, the company's implementation of Android 13, to be pushed to selected participants on the December 15th of 2022.

After sleeping on it, I decided to jump on the chance to become a beta tester. Though I had the Nothing Phone (1) for a couple of weeks before that, the experience with it had been quite good. Though I know that testing a beta version of any software, specially on hardware you use as your daily driver, is quite risky the idea of getting Android 13 on my smartphone was quite hard to skip.

After a couple of day of using it, I'm happy to report that I've been one of those use case where I haven't seen no deal breaker bug. Actually, it seems that it works a bit better that it did with Nothing OS 1.1.7, which is based on Android 12. Though it's still early on the beta testing phase, it makes me hopeful that when the final version of Nothing OS 1.5 will be quite an improvement.

For what I gather from the communications of Nothing, I can expect several updates during the beta testing of the Nothing OS 1.5. So, the jury is still out on how much of an improvement it will be over Nothing OS 1.1, yet so far the signs are that it will be a solid one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...