11/25/2023

I'm an Android fan.

Since I got an Nothing Phone (1), a year ago now, the more I've become convinced that Android is quite the best mobile OS for me. NothingOS has only improved with each upgrade, that I've seen 3 in a space of a year.

Currently I'm on NothingOS 2.0.4, which is based on Android 13, and as whole the user experience I've had so far has been quite a good one for middle range Android smartphone. So much so, that feels a bit better than I expected it to be. It not perfect, but it's more than good enough.

So much so, that so far I'd only outside the latest Nothing Phone, I'd only consider replacing it with the Google Pixel PhoneSamsung Galaxy S, or a Motorola razr device. While I consider the iPhone to be a great option, Android smartphones just work better for me.

With each new version of Android, the more I like it. Specially with smartphones that have the specs that best suit my needs. And what I like the most about the Android ecosystem, is that it gives me a wider selection of devices to choose from.

To be honest, I'm not against moving to the iPhone. It's more that I don't see the benefit of doing so, since most of the people I interact with professionally and in a personal level don't use an iPhone. Actually, the ones who use an iPhone are the odd ones.

Not only that, most of what the iPhone offers is not really relevant for me or Android offers an equal or better option for my needs.

For now, I'm just waiting for Nothing to release the NothingOS based on Android 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...