11/22/2023

Linux Mint: my go to Linux distro and the one I recommend to most people.

I've been using Linux Mint continuously since 2017 not, and it has proven itself to be the best operating system for my needs. To be honest, I've being jumping between Linux Mint and Ubuntu since 2012, but since Ubuntu replaced Unity with the GNOME Shell with Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark) update Linux Mint became my go to Linux distro.

The Cinnamon, Linux Mint's desktop environment, had all the bugs that irked me ironed out at the time. As such, making the jump was only natural since I don't really like the GNOME Shell. And since the version that came with Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia, it only has gotten better.

And with each update, Linux Mint has proven to be the best choice for me. Besides, that Linux Mint is based on the LTS version of Ubuntu is something I've come to appreciate. It has made Linux Mint just an stable operating system, that just works for me. It might not ship with the bleeding edge of most software, but it supports the latest versions of the software I use on the regular basis like Firefox, Thunderbird, and Spotify.

Most importantly, it fully supports the hardware of the laptop I use as my daily driver for personal and professional use. And I've used 2 different laptops since 2017, and both worked like a charm with Linux Mint. So much so, that I've made the move to using Bluetooth headphones since they work for me and they just work.

And since Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu and Debian, all the software that works made for them can be used on Linux Mint. Even software served as Flatpak works well, giving users even more options.

Linux Mint is a distro that just works for casual users, and for users just want a Linux distro that works and who don't want spend time under the hood to make it work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...