6/06/2011

Next handset...

I've been thinking about what mobile phone I should get to replace my current mobile phone.

So far, I've decided that my next mobile phone should run Android. What I like the most about Android, is that is open source and that it's Linux based. Linux is my favorite operating system, that makes Android specially enticing for me.

The only thing now, is what handset should I get. For the time being, I've narrowed down my list of choices to handsets from Motorola, htc, or Samsung. I still need to do some research, but as far as I'm concerned, this three manufactures offer the handsets that are more akin to my needs.

I really want to make sure my next handset runs on open source software, since then both my computer and handset would run on open source. Currently, I run Ubuntu on my laptop. So, moving to an Android based handset is a natural move for me, since both Android and Ubuntu are Linux based.

It's just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...