10/06/2011

End of an era...

When I read the news that Steve Jobs had died yesterday afternoon, at first I couldn't bring myself around it.

I mean, even if I disagree with how things are done in Apple, the man was a visionary. He did make great products, easy to use and with exquisite design. Products that just work, and perform in many cases better than advertised.

Is easy to see why people want Apple products, and why Apple has such a large and loyal group of base users.

Personally, I don't use Apple's products because of philosophical reasons. I do like the design of both of the software and hardware, they are pleasing to the eye and easy to use. Mac OS X is stable as OS's come, and it's really user friendly.

But, at the end Steve Job is someone that I admire, and respect. He was a visionary, that showed us that technology can be sexy and easy to use. His innovations managed to keep putting the bar higher and higher.

I remember being pleased when he putted Apple's might behind open web standards.

In my opinion, to pay tribute to Steve Jobs, the best way to do it is keep improving and making better things. Keep innovating. Never to stand still, and always bring forth new ideas.

I do believe that's what he would want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...