10/14/2011

My Ubuntu 11.10 experience so far...

I've been using Ubuntu 11.10 since yesterday that it became available for download, and I'm very pleased with it.

The user interface is a lot cleaner, and easier to use. I really like the look of it, in my opinion is a big step forward for Ubuntu and it has cemented it as my favorite Linux distro. I've been using Ubuntu on regular basis since the 10.04 LTS version, though I used for a while the 8.04 LTS before, I've found it to be easy to use and very stable.

And since the 10.04 LTS version, I've like the look and feel of the user interface a lot better than the one in Windows and I like it as much as the Mac OS X one. But, with the current Unity shell, I like it even more. I find the design to be clean, and easier to use than the previous ones. You could say that Unity has won me over, and I plan to stick with it.

I can't recommend Ubuntu enough if you want to make the jump to Linux, specially if you are new to the world of open source software.

There are still a few rough edges, but as with the two previous versions I've used these will be fixed rather quickly. Besides, these aren't that big and are on par with any new release of an OS and knowing me I most likely found them because I like to go deep when I personalize my OS to my taste.

So, if you are an average user you are unlikely to find them.

At the end, if you want to make the jump to Linux Ubuntu 11.10 is a great distro to start from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...