5/02/2012

RIM; make it so...

I just finished watching a video demonstrating the capabilities of the upcoming BlackBerry OS 10, and must admit that I'm blown away. I liked what I saw, and it has enough things to make me consider switching to BlackBerry instead of Android.

The only but that I've, is that fact that BlackBerry is mostly closed source, which makes a bit uncomfortable. I really prefer all my software to be open sourced, on this count Android has an advantage.

But, if the rumors turns to be true and RIM really commits the BlackBerry OS fully to open source I'm sold. Mainly because of two reasons.

The first one being that I like Blackberry, and if it commits to working on an open source model it would make it a good buy in my eyes. Its software is really good and so is the hardware, though it has been stagnant for a while. If RIM delivers with the new OS and hardware, it will become a really great option and worthy competitor on the mobile arena.

The second reason, is that many of my family members and friends have BlackBerries. So, being able to communicate with them using the BlackBerry Messenger would be a big incentive to make the switch to a BlackBerry.

So, I've my fingers crossed so that RIM delivers on the OS and hardware side and that it commits to the open source model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...