2/05/2013

BlackBerry 10 and Ubuntu Phone...

I'm becoming interested in BlackBerry 10 mobile OS, along with the BlackBerry Z10, and the Ubuntu Phone OS. So far, they seem like good options on the smartphone arena, even though Ubuntu Phone hasn't yet being paired with a particular handset for users so far.

Thus, if I had to pick between the two today BlackBerry would be the clear winner. Yet, personally I would prefer to get an Ubuntu Phone, since it's based on Linux making it FLOSS. Besides, I already use Ubuntu on my laptop, making it a more convenient for me.

As it stands, an Android device would be my fist choice followed by an Ubuntu Phone. BlackBerry stands third, ahead from the iPhone, mainly because it's closed source nature. The first and second place could change in time, according on how the Ubuntu Phone project moves along. Which I hope it move along well, and it comes along on the time frame it's promised to come along.

If I have to get a new device sooner, I'd get an Android one. The BlackBerry option is just one I plan to act on if there is an Android device is not a realistic option.

It has been a while since I've gotten so interested as much on the mobile OS as I do on the device running it. So, I'm looking forward to at least trying one of those devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...