5/26/2014

Firefox OS or Android...

Once again, it's time to start thinking about replacing my mobile phone. Now that I've seen, and tried, a couple of devices running Firefox OS it's a contender along with an Android powered device.

The Firefox devices have the plus that they aren't expensive, and the fact that they are on the small side of the smart phone spectrum. I rather have a small device, since I don't feel comfortable using anything with a screen bigger than 4".

On the Android side, Android is has more applications for the OS. Mainly, all the apps that I use are already on it. This means, that I wont have to without them for any period of time.

In more than one way, personally I prefer Firefox OS and the devices it runs in. I really felt comfortable using them, and I can see myself using them for an extended period time. And since I already use Firefox as my web browser of choice, it comes naturally that I use Mozilla's mobile OS as to power my next smart phone. Most importantly, it suits my mobile needs the best since I don't really need a high end smart phone to support my mobile habits.

When I need to use more computing power, I rather use my laptop. The main reason for this, is the fact to do things like video conferencing, writing, or answering e-mail I prefer the screen size and keyboard of the laptop. Even the gaming I do on my mobile is quite light, and when I browse the web on it I mainly just read short notes, upload a photo or make a quick comment on my social networks. The only app where I write significantly is on WhatsApp messages. or when text friends.

There a couple of Android devices that might worth some consideration, but so far it seems that the Firefox OS devices will take the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...