5/12/2014

Quick thoughts on Firefox 29...

I've been using Firefox 29 for a couple of weeks now, I really have enjoyed it. The new Australis interface it's one of the features I like the most, mostly because I like the level of customization that gives me.

Even though it looks like Google's Chrome, I feel like anyone can tell them apart quite easily. The similarities are only skin deep, and there are many differences on the implementation of several features that clearly differentiate both browsers. The one that strikes me the most, is how much control you have on what controls you can have, and how many of them you can select the ones you actually use the most for easy access.

Another thing like I like personally, is how the StumbleUpon  tool bar is implemented and the fact that now you can hide easily using an icon integrated to the right of the search box. Most importantly, for me, is that tool bar is the same I love from previous versions of Firefox. When I compare it to how's implemented on Chrome, Firefox's is a far better implementation for what I'm concerned.

All my background themes work like a charm, and all the my other add-ons do as well. So, I get to enjoy Firefox more with the new Australis interface.

The only complaint I've, is that it crashes at times when I try to post a comment on Facebook. It seems to be a problem for those running GNU/Linux distros, but I don't know for sure. While this bug can be annoying, it doesn't diminish my love for Firefox all that much. I just hope that the bug gets squashed quickly.

Though I recommend both Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome, my personal favorite is Firefox by a landslide. Firefox 29 has ensure this, and has cemented it as my go to browser for surfing the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...