12/22/2011

Openness...

I've been using Ubuntu for over a year now, and it is my favorite OS by far.

In one way or another, I've been using open-source software for quite sometime. Yet, until last year I made up my mind to use a Linux distro and get rid of Windows for good.

After doing some research, and asking around, I decided to use Ubuntu since it was one of the most user friendly distro out there. So, the first version I used was the 9.10. And since then, I've have no intention what soever to return to using Windows, or to start using the Mac OS.

And now with the Unity UI, I enjoy using Ubuntu even more. For me, I find that I like the way it looks and it works for me. I find it easier to get around, so I can do my work with it. I just enjoy it much.

Most importantly, it's open-source software. Which is important for me, since the philosophy that come with the open-source software community is the same that I have.

I do believe that we all should have the ability to freely exchange ideas and information in order to make things better. So, information should be freely available to everyone in the community to use and share. Whatever comes in the way should be avoided.

Having open and free societies, help the individual grow. And, if the individual grows the society on which he live grows with that individual.

I believe that the society and the individual can grow together. And the best way to foster the growth of both, is by having a society as open and free as possible. The ability to share between individuals should be a priority, so that information and ideas can flow with as little difficulty as possible.

Until we can have access to any information we need, and are able to use it as best we can for our individual interests, we won't be as free as we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...