5/26/2016

Changing music listening habits...

I've been using Spotify for about a year and a half now, mainly when I didn't want to listen to the music I've at my hard drive. Also, when I want to explore new artists or tracks.

Yet, for the last couple of months now I've been using Spotify's Android app heavily. I use it at work, to give me some music the I like to have as background, and it gives a wider variety of music than radio would. And though I've my music collection on my smartphone, I prefer Spotify for when I just want music I love at the background.

Having my whole music collection and Spotify at my device sure has changed my music listening habits while I'm on the go. I used to mainly use Spotify and the fm radio app, but since I got a micro-SD card capacity enough to store all my media on it I virtually stop using the fm radio app.

I jump between the music app and Spotify depending on my mood, where I am or with who. Though I've Spotify on my laptop, I find myself using it on my smartphone.

My use of radio has been really reduced to just listening to the news. For music, I turn to Rhythmbox(on the desktop), Spotify(both on the desktop and smartphone), and Android's music app. I found that this combinations suits my lifestyle the best. It give the kind of flexibility I expect and a level of freedom I didn't have before.

At the end, both ways of listening to music are complementary and mix well. I believe in the future will be a seamless combination of both, allowing to jump between both areas without giving it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...