11/08/2012

Looking at the Android options...

I've been doing some checking around for a new smartphone, and I'm convinced that it'll be an Android device. There are a several options out there at my price range, from several manufactures.

Not only that, for me it's important my next smartphone to run Android, since it's open source software. In a sense it's a matter of buying a smartphone that runs software that is compatible with what I believe, and the only Android manage to do so.

The fact that I can choose from a wide range of manufactures, and several models they offer, calls me even more. It means that I can choose the experience I get from Android, looking for the smartphone thats form and design is what I'm looking for. I'm not tied to a single manufacturer, giving me whatever they think I want.

Android gives me the level of freedom I want, letting me choose the handset that better suits my needs and what I like. All this while being a modern a robust mobile operating system, the only things that change from one manufacturer to another are the form factor of the handsets, the user interface and the software it comes with. The core is the same you get is the same.

At the end, Android is the mobile OS for me. So, now is just a matter of choosing the smartphone I'll buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...