3/11/2013

Bact to Linux Mint...

I've being using the Cinnamon version of Linux Mint for a couple of days now, and I've to admit that the whole experience has been a lot more enjoyable than I expected. So much so, that it's now my favorite Linux distro.

So far, I've found it easy to use and all the software I use on regular basis work well. Whatever didn't come with Linux Mint out the of the box was easy to find either on the web or on the software manager. Most importantly, it was easy to install. In fact is so easy, that anyone could do it without having any prior experience working on a Linux distro.

Another thing that I liked, is the fact the are several themes already installed if you want to change how the desktop looks. What I really liked it's accessible from the panel, along with other settings like settings for the panel itself.

I like how the Cinnamon version of Linux Mint is coming along, and I'm enjoying the user experience that it gives quite a lot. It's solid, quite easy to use, and with several options of user customization from the onset. I'd recommend Linux Mint to beginners and people who want to have a solid OS, that's easy to use and robust.

Most importantly, to anyone who wants to have a come to and join FLOSS movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...