3/07/2013

Jumping to another distro...

I've been considering giving another Linux distro a try, and one that I haven't used before. The main reason to do so, is that I want to try something new while still using Linux.

Pear Linux is the one I'm the most interested in, mainly because it's based on Debian and Ubuntu. Which means that the main software I like is available, and it would be easy to install with my current know how. Also, jumping to it would mean that I've to learn some new ways to do things without to have to relearn how to do everything.

I'll look if another distro that catches my eye, if that doesn't happen Pear Linux will be the one I'll install. If any one has a recommendation, post it on the comments please.

After 2 years using Ubuntu, it'll be nice to use and experience another distro for a change. Which is one of the great things about Linux, there are new distros to discover if you ever feel the need for a change and new things to discover.

There is no single way to do things, there are several way to get to the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...