4/11/2012

Countdown for Ubuntu 12.04....

As an Ubuntu user, and fan, April and October are special because with them a new version of my favorite distro arrives.

So, I looking forward to April 26th when Ubuntu 12.04 is set to be released. The changes so far look promising, and being a LTS version most of what has been implemented in the 11.04 and 11.10 versions has matured or is a lot more polished.

I upgrade to the new version of Ubuntu each time it's released since it means that it comes with the most resent Linux kernel version, and it has most of the recent versions of the software I use. So, is a good idea to upgrade to the next version since it come with all the advantages of Linux kernel that can make use of newer technologies more efficiently, or comes with code that it's updated and/or patched so it's safer to use and plays nicer with newer hardware.

And, I've found Ubuntu to be a joy to use. I fell in love with the Unity shell, it really speaks to me and it doesn't get in my way. As a matter of fact, the Unity shell help making Ubuntu my favorite distro by far.

It might not be for everyone, yet I've found Unity that meets all my needs and most of my likes. And the fact that almost all the issues I would have with its current state addressed on 12.04, it makes me glad to be a user of Ubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...