4/19/2012

Ease of use...

Some Linux distros have been adding great improvements on the ease of use, specially by users that aren't as knowledgeable on the technical side of running a computer.

That's what I like the most of Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Both of these distros are really easy to use, and you don't need to be an expert to use it or to set it up. Most importantly, they come out of the box with the software the average user use and any additional software can be easily added if needed later on.

I've found both to be a lot easier to use, and set to my liking, than Windows. My personal favorite is Ubuntu, since the Unity is a better fit to my computer needs and I like its look and feel.

Ever since I started using Ubuntu, with the 10.04 version, my laptop computer has to be able to run it without any problem at all.

But, now the argument that Linux is difficult to use or that is to technical to use is no longer a valid point. I've found by personal experience that there are distros that are really easy to use, and that allow you to get comfortable using Linux and learning how the technical side works if you choose to do so.

If you choose not to do so, you can still benefit from a stable and reliable operating system. With the added value that is easy to use, and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...