10/21/2012

My laptop has to last for quite some time...

When I think about getting a new laptop, the first question that comes to mind is which design is one that I'll be happy to use for at least the next 2-3 years.

That is that minimum amount of time I expect any good laptop to last with the type of use I give to my laptops. As a matter of fact, I could use one up to 5 years before I need to change it because it can't be repaired or because the specs are not up to my everyday usage.

My current laptop has about 3 years, and I can safely say that could last about 1 more year. So, it's time for to start thinking about the replacement.

The only two factors that aren't subject to change are that it has to be able to run Ubuntu, and that the screen size shouldn't be less than 13". All other aspects are variable, and all depends on what offering are on the market that meet the prior two requirements while being something that I can see me using for at least 2 years.

I want it to last for at least that long because it's quite an investment, and because it's an extension of my personality. Not to mention that is where I keep some of my information, and the portal from which I keep in touch with friend and family. As such, I don't want to have to change my laptop often.

The longer it lasts on working order, the better. Points are added for looking good while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...