3/07/2012

The Cloud...

For all the hype about the cloud, I've a hard time embracing it for all my computing needs.

I find that for be, I want some of my files on the cloud while other I want them to be on my hard drive. I do believe that for most people needs, they are going to use a mix of cloud and local.

For most intends and purposes, most people needs are meet by a mix of cloud and local storage or processing. The cloud is mostly used for sharing files, music and photos, or for collaborative projects where multiple people need access to a file to work with.

If you don't need to do any of those things, you could use your computer and local drives to meet all of your needs. At the end, there is no need to have everything on the cloud or stored locally. You just need to find the right mix for you.

Most importantly, is important to use services that use open standards at least. This insures that if anything happens to the service, your files can be read by any other service. It would be even better if the service you use is open source, since gives an extra layer of security and flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...