3/27/2012

Why I choose Android...

One of the main reasons I'm looking for an Android smartphone, is that I can more easily find the right software/hardware for me.

I get to choose the handset I want, according to my needs and what I my taste is. I don't have to settle for whatever smartphone is being offered at the time, or the technical specifications. I can look for the smartphone that's the best match for me.

At the end of the day, the smartphone is an extension of my person. So, I want it to be an statement of what I believe in and what I like. In many ways, it's more than just a tool.

Not only that, an Android smartphone is the for me the main option out here since is the only one that's open-source. For me, it's important on ethical ground than my devices run open-sourced software. Even better if the software comes with FOSS licenses.

For me, that Android was merged with the 3.3 Linux kernel was great news. This is very beneficial to all, and specially to the users, since it will allow developers to code for Android with more ease. And for smartphone manufactures, it means that they get a better piece of software for their products.

At the end, it's better for the users having several options to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...