3/06/2012

The way I say...

I see no reason why any public or private entity should have any say on how I use my computer, smartphone, or any consumer electronic devise. Much less on what software should I install and use on my device that I own.

Whats more, I should have the legal right to check how the software I use on my devices work and make sure that it doesn't do any other function that goes against what I intend to use it. Also, I should be able to know if it gathers any of my information and if it share it. If it does gather information, I should be informed before hand and asked to give the permissions to do so.

More importantly, there should be an easy way to modify the parameters and to opt out if I choose to do so afterward.

Also, I should be able to modify the software on my devices to work as I see fit. This option should be on by default, and its deactivation should only happen if I choose to deactivate it.

It's important for me that the software I use give me sole power over it once I install it on my devices. I should be able to set its behaviors, and to be able to control the processes that go on. I don't like the idea of a third party to mess with what's going on my computer or smartphone. No one should be able to have access to any part of it unless I willingly give permissions to do so, which should be easy to revoke in the future if I want to.

And those permissions should be used as agreed to at the beginning, and if there are any changes those should be put forth clearly.

At the end, what goes on my devices and how they behave it's my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious about the iPhone user experience.

Even though I'm looking forward to the Android 15  on my Google Pixel 7a , I still see the iPhone  and wonder how would be using it as a...